Medals

Medals

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful to be a runner

A happy Thanksgiving to all! And if you live outside of the United States, then happy November 24th!

I've been reading a lot of posts on Facebook/Twitter about how people are thankful for their family/friends/health/job/etc. but I wanted to put a running spin on the day. I'm thankful for running, and I wanted to post why.

So here you go...the top 10 reasons I'm thankful to be a runner!

1. Hearing "oh you have low blood pressure!" at the doctor's is the norm.
2. My medals/race medals make nicer wall decorations than most posters.
3. You're a part of a select community that can call itself "Runners."
4. Destination races = better than your typical vacation.
5. Ever run at night? Fluorescent colors look safe - not like you're channeling Lady Gaga.
6. Runner's. High.
7. Racing t-shirts are to runners as vintage concert t-shirts are to concert lovers.
8. When the big marathons are on TV (New York, Boston, etc.), you actually understand what the announcers are talking about.
9. Need to unwind after a long day? Just lace up your shoes.

And last but not least...

10. Thanksgiving means you can fill up your plate. Twice. With very limited guilt.

So what did I forget? There's an infinite number of things I'm thankful for that are running related, but I wanted to keep the list brief. What are all of you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment